I woke up this morning thinking, “I know how to fix this.” And by “this” I mean the problem of the joystick bases not fitting in the recesses that we cut in the control panel.
About an hour later and after some creative use of a box knife, a wood chisel and a straight edge….we are good to go.
Here is the Control Panel before the T-Nuts were installed:
Then I went ahead and installed everything to make sure it all fits and nothing interferes with anything else….
I am really happy with the way it looks and feels. I think it will be very playable.
Here it is with the overlay photoshopped in…
Next step is to laminate the CP and install the overlay then start wiring everything up. Oh Boy! This is going to be great!